The Softwood Lumber Board has 19 Directors, all softwood lumber CEOs and industry leaders appointed by USDA Secretary Tom Vilsack under provisions of the Commodity Promotion, Research, and Information Act of 1996. Representation on the Board is proportional to regional production, and domestic manufacturers and importers of a variety of softwood lumber products from a broad range of size and type of company are represented.
The Softwood Lumber Board has created four standing committees:
- Executive Committee, chaired by Marc Brinkmeyer, Chairman of Idaho Forest Group, oversees day to day operations of the check-off;
- Research and Promotion Programs Committee, chaired by Don Kayne, CEO of Canfor, BC, oversees market research, research and promotion programs and evaluations;
- Finance Committee chaired by Steve Zika, CEO of Hampton Affiliates, OR., oversees financial affairs;
- Industry Relations and Governance Committee, chaired by Hank Scott, CEO of Collum’s Lumber, SC, oversees annual nominations and industry communications.
The Officers of the Board and Executive Committee members are:
- Marc Brinkmeyer, Chair
- Duncan Davies, First Vice Chair
- Don Kayne, Second Vice Chair
- Steve Zika, Treasurer
- Hank Scott, Secretary
- Jack Jordan, Past Chair