The Softwood Lumber Board has 19 Directors, all softwood lumber CEOs and industry leaders appointed by the USDA Secretary under provisions of the Commodity Promotion, Research, and Information Act of 1996. Representation on the Board is proportional to regional production, and domestic manufacturers and importers of a variety of softwood lumber products from a broad range of size and type of company are represented.
The Softwood Lumber Board has created four standing committees:
- Executive Committee, chaired by Marc Brinkmeyer, Chairman of Idaho Forest Group, oversees day to day operations of the check-off;
- Research and Promotion Programs Committee, chaired by Don Kayne, CEO of Canfor, BC, oversees market research, research and promotion programs and evaluations;
- Finance Committee chaired by Fritz Mason, Vice President and General Manager, Georgia-Pacific, oversees financial affairs;
- Industry Relations and Governance Committee, chaired by Alden Robbins, Vice President, Robbins Lumber, oversees annual nominations and industry communications.
The Officers of the Board and Executive Committee members are:
- Marc Brinkmeyer, Chair
- Steve Zika, First Vice Chair
- Don Kayne, Second Vice Chair
- Fritz Mason, Treasurer
- Alden Robbins, Secretary
- Jack Jordan, Past Chair